The Information We Collect
When you visit our Website, you remain anonymous. We may collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information can include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system, mobile network information, and standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Website. We may use your information to communicate with you, enforce our Website terms and conditions, and provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
How We Share the Information
We do not share, distribute, sell or rent any of your personal information, described below, with/to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- If you have opted out of our ability to use your e-mail address, we may share your decision to opt out with third parties to effectuate that decision;
- If the information is required by law in order to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities. In addition, we will share information in response to legal process, court orders, subpoenas, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We may also disclose the information to government agency or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency in response to lawful requests by applicable local law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies, or agencies with responsibility to oversee and enforce national security;
The Security of your Personal Data
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, the security of the Website user information may be compromised at any time. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access: you have the right to access the personal data held by OneSpaWorld about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with. If you wish to access, amend or confirm that OneSpaWorld has personal data relating to you, please email [email protected];
- Portability: in certain circumstances, you have the right to receive or ask us to provide your personal data to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, although we will not provide you with certain personal data if it would interfere with another’s individual’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person) or where another exemption applies (we can only do so where it is technically feasible; we are not responsible for the security of the personal data or its processing once received by the third party);
- Correction: you may insist that we correct any personal data held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed (including by the provision of a supplementary statement). Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal data we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below;
- Erasure. You may request that we erase the personal data we hold about you where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data we hold about you; or where you believe the personal data we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us; and
- Objection: in certain circumstances, in particular where you have provided personal data voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, you have the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data or withdraw your consent.
Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights. For more detail on when these rights apply, or in order to exercise your rights, please send a message to [email protected]. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one (1) month (although this may be extended by a further two (2) months in certain circumstances).
In the event that any person wishes to register a complaint about how we process personal data, please email [email protected] and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to any right to launch a claim the relevant data protection authority as stated above. In order to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, OneSpaWorld commits to the resolution of complaints about your privacy and have committed to resolve any complaints by European Union citizens relating to this notice, which cannot be resolved directly with our company, through the United States Council for International Business’s E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedures. As further explained in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means.
OneSpaWorld has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources and non-human resources data transferred from the EU.
The Company’s Website policy may be amended from time to time at the Company’s discretion. Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding this policy to [email protected]