OneSpaWorld is closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
Due to the unprecedented events of COVID-19, OneSpaWorld has temporarily suspended spa operations. We have a team in place actively and diligently working on travel arrangements to repatriate our shipboard employees to their country of origin. Logistics are complex, and Conditions such as flight availability, port restrictions, local government authorization, and destination border closures have delayed staff repatriation, but we are making great strides daily to ensure the safe return home of our employees.
The wellbeing of our employees is of paramount importance.
Our Commitment to Our Team
– All cruise ship employees have shelter and food available. Where possible, the cruise line provides staff with single guest accommodation for their comfort
– Medical care is available onboard for immediate care
– Local and federal governments are being reached out to in order to repatriate staff. In some cases, we request the
assistance of embassies
– Certifying your ship can dock at a port and then adhering to the port restrictions
– Finding available flights to the gateway city in their home country or as close as possible and securing the
– Verifying travel documentation meet all visa and travel requirements
– Ensuring the local policies and restrictions of countries staff are passing through for their safe travel without impact
– And, ultimately working with destinations to confirm entry and provide quarantine information
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.