Contests | Official Rules and Regulations
“OneSpaWorld Wanderlust” Photo and Video Contest Official Rules
Contest is open to shipboard spa employees of OneSpaWorld (Bahamas) Limited and affiliated entities who are 18 years or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States.
- How to Enter. During the Contest Period (defined below), entrants have the opportunity to enter the Contest by submitting photos and/or vertical videos by posting them on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok using the hashtag #OneSpaWorldWanderlust and tagging @onespaworld.
Submitted photos or videos must contain images and installations as set forth in the Section 5, Judging Criteria. Submitted photos or video may contain people, as long as the Judging Criteria guidelines have been met. Please do not submit photos that are not in compliance with the nature of this competition. Sponsor (as defined below) reserves the right to reject images or videos that are not in compliance with the Contest Rules.
Each Theme-applicable photo or video submission will result in one (1) Contest entry. Sponsor has the right to not accept/approve submissions deemed inappropriate or not Theme-applicable.
Entrant is responsible for all costs associated with uploading the photo or video. If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device’s features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions. In order to be eligible, entries must be received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period. Entries received by the Sponsor before the start of the Contest Period or after the end of the Contest Period are VOID.
All entry information and Photos shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant’s Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and/or filmed and used as permitted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to request releases from any third parties appearing in any Submissions at any time. Failure to produce third-party releases upon Sponsor’s request may result in disqualification, as determined by Sponsor is its sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes. For clarity, by providing a Submission, entrant also consents to give Sponsor a license to use entrant’s name, handle, image, video and likeness as included in the Submission on the same foregoing terms.
An entrant may submit multiple Submissions during the Contest Period (defined below), provided that each Submission is unique, and an entrant may not win multiple prizes. All terms and conditions of Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok the host platforms, apply. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted, or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Contest Timing. Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on March 22, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 24, 2022 (“Contest Period”). The Judging Period (“Judging Period”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on April 25, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 25, 2022. The Sponsor’s database clock is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- Eligibility.Participation open only shipboard spa employees of OneSpaWorld (Bahamas) Limited and affiliated entities who are 18 years or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Individuals who are not employees of OneSpaWorld (Bahamas) Limited, including affiliates, as applicable (“Sponsor”), including such individuals’ partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, are not eligible to enter. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that entrant’s Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Each entrant may submit up to a total of five photos or videos.
- All photos and videos must be original, meaning you may only enter photographs or videos that you took and for which you own the copyright.
- Photos or videos must show experiences from the entrant’s port days, or in locations depicting how they spend their port days relaxing, exploring and/or enjoying different cultures.
- Each location appearing in each photo or video must be tagged.
- Photo submissions may be in horizontal or portrait format.
- Photos must be at least 500 KB and at least 1024 pixels on the long edge.
- Photos must be submitted in JPEG, GIF, PNG, or TIFF format. Non-digital formats are not accepted.
- Vertical videos must be submitted in .MP4 or .MOV format.
- Vertical video dimensions must be 1080×1920 px.
- Vertical videos must have an aspect ratio 9:16.
- Sponsor reserves the right to crop photos.
- Images must not include a border. If an image includes a border, Sponsor reserves the right to crop the border.
- A subtle watermark in the corner of the image is acceptable, but Sponsor reserves the right to crop photos, which may remove a watermark. The watermark should cover no more than 5% of the photo.
- Digitally manipulating photos (i.e. cloning, compositing, etc.) or videos should be kept to a minimum. Your photograph or videos must authentically depict the setting(s) as you saw it when you took the photograph or filmed the video. HDR, panoramic and stitched photos are permitted.
- Submissions must not be created during work hours or depict products not purchased by the entrant.
- Entrants must not subject themselves to danger while capturing photos or videos.
Sponsor reserves the right to make minor alterations to photo or video titles and descriptions for the purpose of correcting grammatical and spelling mistakes, etc.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not contain materials which contain visible identifiable or potentially identifiable information, including but not limited to, phone numbers, website links, street addresses, email addresses or license plate numbers;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to delete or blur any inappropriate content from a submission without disqualifying the entry where, in Sponsor’s determination, such change does not materially alter the submission and the entrant has otherwise attempted in good faith to comply with these Official Rules.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Judging Panel and Criteria.
Following the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Sponsor will commence the Judging Period of the Contest. During the Judging Period, each entry will be reviewed by a judge or panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor.
Judges will evaluate all valid entries and pick two (2) winners.
The Sponsor will award the following prizes:
- Vertical video prize: $500 gift card
- Photo prize: $500 Timetospa.com virtual gift card
No substitutions or cash redemptions. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s). Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
- Notification.Potential winner(s) will be notified on April 26, 2022, or in the days following and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release, and/or rights transfer document within two (2) days of receipt. Additionally, potential winner(s) may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity, and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.
Potential winner(s) will be required to email Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days in order to claim their prize.
The winners are solely responsible for all matters relating to their Prize after it is awarded. If a Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential Prize Winner, if a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached within three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, or if the potential Prize Winners fail to return requisite document(s) within the specified time period, or if a potential Prize Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected for the Prize at issue.
- Conditions.BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED ENTITIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST, OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, AND/OR DEATH, WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE, AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
- Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are allowed. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause), or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) viruses, bugs, nonauthorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared to be the authorized account holder of the email address in question submitted at time of entry.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Florida.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters that are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the State of Florida. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Name of Winners/List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 29, 2022, to: OneSpaWorld, 770 S. Dixie Highway, Suite 200, Coral Gables, FL 33146, Attn: Marketing Department.
- Sponsor.OneSpaWorld (Bahamas) Limited c/o OneSpaWorld, 770 S. Dixie Highway, Suite 200, Coral Gables, FL 33146.